Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!

First of all I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and all best wishes for 2016.

I am sure you did all manner of wonderful things to bring in the New Year and had a wonderful time in the process.  As for me... I went to bed!

This must be the first time I haven't seen in the New Year with a glass in my hand! But there you go. I suppose there is a first time for something, for everyone! I hope you understand that last sentence! I think I do!

Just to emphasise the point, I have added a photo of me taken many years ago. We were throwing one of our many New Year's Eve Parties at our house.

No, we didn't party or sip a drink as the clock chimed the midnight hour, we simply slept through the whole thing.

We did have a fun Christmas, though! We went off to Nidd Hall, a wonderful hotel near Harrogate in Yorkshire and had a great time. The staff were wonderful and the food was great. It was a bonus not to have to think about what we were going to have for each meal. It was all there prepared for us. Actually, there was too much food! we actually skipped two meals during our stay.

The Pavilion Theatre, the heart of the hotel, had various shows on all day and we were entertained by some wonderful acts, such as Martin Daniels (son of Paul) and the wonderful Todd Miller Orchestra, which was formed by Joe Loss some years ago..

Anyway, it was all very nice and a big thank you must go to all the people who made our stay so wonderful.

The only sorry thing was that we had a puncture on the way there. Can you imagine it? The tyre suddenly decided that it had had enough and let us down on the A1. After some delay the car was lifted onto a truck and we were taken to a Kwik Fit Centre in Morpeth, where we were fitted with a new tyre and sent on our way.

I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the true meaning of the Season of Good Will wasn't forgotten while opening your presents.

Have a great day however you are spending it.

Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers!
Chink Chink!

No comments:

Post a Comment