Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 26 June 2015

Weighty Problems!

Six months ago I made a New Year's resolution that I was going to lose some weight! For one reason or another I'm afraid the diet never got off the ground. However I am delighted to say that at last things are beginning to move!

Over the last three or four weeks I have lost 9lbs! I seem to have managed to get a grip on the diet thing and thankfully the pounds are slowly dropping. Now all I need to do is to hang on in there and carry on with the good work. Those of you who have even the smallest weight problem will understand how difficult that can be. There are so many lovely things to eat nowadays. One of them is ice cream - I adore ice cream. I know ice cream has been on the go from way back yonder. But it seems to be more delicious, more creamy and... more fattening than it used to be.

Anyway, I thought that if I wrote it down here and told you all how well I was getting on - albeit six months late - I might manage to stay with it and lose another 7lbs or so.

Another piece of good news is that all nine copies of my novels placed in the Borders Book Festival shop were sold. I was absolutely delighted when the lady sent me an email telling me about it. There were some big names at the Festival, all giving talks or workshops and selling their books. I would have been pleased if I had sold one copy, but all nine - that was brilliant.

The Festival which ran for four days, was held about two weeks ago and all local independent authors were allowed to place a restricted number of books in the shop. I took 3 copies of each of my three novels.

This afternoon I am popping around to a neighbour's house for a chat. We live so close, yet I haven't seen her to talk to for ages. I wonder whether we should have made it an all day thing. Will there be enough time to say everything we have to say in one short afternoon?

Well, I think that's all for the moment.

Have a great day wherever you are - enjoy the sunshine - if you have any. Still pretty dull here.

Cheers!!  







No comments:

Post a Comment