Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 1 June 2015

Highlights & Lowlights!

The highlight of my day is.... Drum roll... Sainsburys are going to deliver my shopping!

How sad is that, when you have to admit the highlight of your day is a delivery from Sainsburys? On reflection, I suppose there are worse things I could be sad about, but at the moment that is the only thing I am thinking about!

On a brighter note, my young nephew will be two later this month. How those two years have flown. It doesn't seem that long since he was born, yet already he is two years old. At this rate, it will only seem a short while before I hear about his first day at school.

Can you remember your first day at school? I can! I remember mine because I cried as my mother watched me being left in the hands of a complete stranger. Don't get alarmed here, the stranger was my new teacher and was really quite nice as she led me across the classroom to a pile of toys. But I wanted my mum.

Do kids still cry on their first day at school? Or are they more outgoing these days? Are they able to cope with leaving their parents at the school gate and blend in with the other youngsters without a backward glance?

I suppose all children are different. Which is just as well, because we can't all be the same. What I mean is, if we all were exactly the same and we all wanted to go to the theatre on Wednesday, then we wouldn't all get in, would we?

One of my neighbours has just been to collect the money I promised her for running in the Edinburgh marathon. Good for her. I gather that there weren't any records broken because of the strong winds the runners had to contend with as they ran along the route. But she finished the course so a big well done to her! She said she was floating on air at the moment and I have to say I would be, too if I had just run 26+ miles. But I'm afraid I am not up for that any more. Actually come to think of it, I don't think I have ever been up for running 26 miles in one go. So another big well done to her!

Well I think that is all for the time being. Hopefully I will have something really exciting to tell you the next time, but best not hold your breath.

Have a great day!

Cheers!!

Chink! Chink!


No comments:

Post a Comment