Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 21 June 2015

Arnie...


On Friday evening, we were watching Graham Norton's chat show, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was introduced. He was quite fun and game for a laugh with the other guests. But suddenly I found the years flying back to when Phil and I were on a whirlwind tour of California.

The tour was great and we saw everything it was possible to see in the two weeks we were there. We even flew over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter - a wonderful experience, especially as I was sitting up front with the pilot. There was glass on the floor of the helicopter and I was able to look out down to the Colorado River below.

But I digress, what I wanted to say was that when we went to Los Angeles, we saw the Chinese Theatre where Hollywood stars have imprinted their hands/feet and signatures into the stones on the ground. In the photo, I am looking at Arnold Schwarzenegger's contribution.

Of course since seeing the show, I have been thinking back to that wonderful time in California. Though I have to say it was very hectic. We lived out of our suit cases for the entire trip, but it was worth it. It was Brilliant!!

Isn't it amazing how one little thing can trigger off a whole load of memories? I feel as though I have been back to California since Friday evening...

 But I suppose I will have to come down to earth again. For one thing I will have to organise a plumber next week as the tap needs changing in the kitchen. Well it certainly needs something doing to it. You very nearly break your hand when trying to turn it off!

Hopefully my friend and I are going to try to get to Newcastle this week. I also hope to meet up with my sister, who I only seem to see once in a blue moon.

Our gorgeous nephew was two years old on 20th June. I can hardly believe that he is two already. The years are flying past far too quickly.

I don't seem to have anything else to talk about at the moment, so I suppose I should go and do some ironing - not a pleasant thought, but it needs to be done.

If you are interested in reading the Prologue to The Trojan Project I have included it on the appropriate page on my website.  www.eileenthornton.com
I just thought I would whet your appetite - who knows, you might even want to read more of this suspense thriller.

Have a wonderful day wherever you are and enjoy the longest day of the year...

Cheers!!
Chink! Chink!

No comments:

Post a Comment