Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 16 May 2015

This Week!

Going by the title of this week's blog post, I imagine you are all going to think I have done some wonderful things over the last seven days, which I am bursting to tell you about!

Well you are in for a disappointment as this is not the case. On the contrary, I haven't been anywhere or done anything at all - except on Thursday when I went around to my friend's house and we both commiserated over a glass of bubbly at how our lives are becoming very dull.

It seems we both led rather active lives in the past. Okay! by that I don't mean that either of us were part of the SAS or MI5. But at least we were both working and had rather busy jobs, Actually having mentioned MI5 it reminded me of when I went for an interview with the Ministry of Defence in London. I can't for the life of me remember where the interview was held, but I do recall it was in one of the most dreary offices I had ever seen.

I actually passed the interview and the test which followed and was told that I would be offered a job as soon as one became vacant. It seems at that time, they liked to have a list of names so they could fill the positions the moment they became vacant. They liked continuity! However, I decided to take another job while I was waiting. The problem was, that when I finally got word that the MOD needed me, I found that I didn't want to leave the job I was in. I had settled down, made new friends and enjoyed the job I was doing. So I declined the offer.

Looking back, I now wonder whether I should have taken the job. Would it have changed my life in any way? Or would I still be the same old me? I guess I will never know. Perhaps it's best I don't!

Nevertheless, I had good fun while I was working, though I doubt that is what the managers expected. But the staff were great and I look back with a happy heart at my past working life.

I have been trying to get back to my writing this week. I say trying because it is coming along very slowly. At one time I just sat down and my characters would take over. I really didn't have to do very much at all except type what they told me. Perhaps that's not how it should be done, but it seemed to work okay for me. However, they all seem to be stuck in the rut with me and I think it is going to take a bulldozer to get us out!

Divorcees.Biz



Talking of writing leads me to another point, though I suppose you will pick up my countless tweets over the coming week. Anyway in case you don't tweet dare I mention that Divorcees.Biz is Only 99c/99p until 22nd May.

Divorcees.Biz is a rather zany, light and frothy read about four divorced ladies who suddenly decide to set up their own online dating agency with their office in Mayfair London.   Does it all go smoothly and according to plan - well that is for you to read and find out for yourselves!

Well I think that is all for the moment!

I do hope you are all having a great day wherever you are.

Cheers!!
Chink! Chink!



No comments:

Post a Comment