Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 2 April 2015

The Sun is Shining! UPDATE!

What a beautiful day it is today. The sun is shining, the wind has dropped and all is right with the world - well as right as it can be!

There is so much going on outside in the big wide world, I try to shut myself off from it. But it isn't easy because even here, in this quiet corner of Scotland, the tension is mounting due to the forthcoming election. I am certainly not going to get myself all hot and bothered about it, though. Yes I shall vote and I shall desperately hope the election does not end up with another hung Parliament! But I am smiling and I don't want to go down that road!

And that is all I am going to say about that!

Yesterday for the first time since before Christmas, I went to Newcastle with my friend. And before you ask, it was absolutely brilliant! You will recall my friend and I used to go every week, but lately life and it's varying problems seem to have put a spoke in the wheel. So now, the wheels are back on the bus and we are up and running again. Naturally we ended up in M&S Deli Bar, where we had a glass (or two) of our usual wine and a chat with the wonderful staff. I have to add I didn't actually buy anything, but it was just so nice to get back to the city and have a good browse around the shops!

I understand that Rutherford's Micropub are trying to open a branch in The Square in Kelso. I believe they are just waiting for the go ahead from the council. However, if it is anything like the time it took the council to allow the town to have a Sainsburys Supermarket, I won't hold my breath! If they are allowed to go ahead, I gather it will be the first one in Scotland. So now it is wait and see time! A quick update here. It seems that the micropub has been given the go ahead. How about that!  I'll let you know when it opens :-)

When I was walking around the town the other day, I was surprised to see that part of the pavement was marked in red. Does this mean that they need to redo that spot? If so why? The whole new pavements have only just been laid. They only finished at the end of the last year. I can't believe there is a problem already! I will keep you posted on that one.

I think that is all I have for you at the moment. I haven't any book promotions to tell you about, so I think I will just leave you with the link to my website (I could do with a few more visitors) Also, there is a link on there to Amazon, should you suddenly remember you need to purchase something from them.  Eileen Thornton

Take care, all and have a great day!

Cheers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment