Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 18 April 2015

So, How are Things with You!

What is going on in your world? Anything you would like to share/pass on?

I only ask because I tell you about what is happening here, even though there are times when I have absolutely nothing to talk about. So I just wondered what was happening away from the tiny piece of the world I exist in.

I have stopped watching the news, as I am fed up with hearing about the election. Everyone posing and promising things they know they are never going to do. I think David Cameron had the right idea: do one or two debates and then get out!

My only hope is that there is not another hung Parliament. Please don't let there be another coalition!

We were back at the hospital again on Wednesday as my husband had to have a bone marrow test. I gather some previous blood test came back inconclusive, hence this latest visit to the hospital. We were back again yesterday, as they also wanted a full skeletal x-ray. As it turns out they found he had fractured his shoulder when he fell on Easter Sunday. However as it is healing, they aren't going to do anything.

Gosh my blog is full of doom and gloom this morning. I really need to lighten up!

I am still struggling to get my latest novel going. I don't know why, but I seem to have come to a full stop. I have tried sitting here looking at the manuscript on the PC hoping to get some inspiration, but it just stares back at me. I could almost swear the PC smirks at me when I look away for a second. But I will not be beaten, I will finish this book - just not sure when!

Now I am going to tell you something I have been doing, which is totally out of character... I have been doing some spring cleaning!  Yes, you read that right. I have been doing the unthinkable. I believe I mentioned I was getting the urge to do some housework  in a previous blog post, but I was resisting it by sitting down until it went away.  Well it seems I am losing the battle, because I have been dusting, polishing and vacuuming like mad. And it's not over. I have got my eye on a few other things that need doing.  I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me. Perhaps I need to see a therapist!

I don't suppose for one minute this extraordinary change in me is going to last, so I will carry on with the housework until it wears off.

Well on that note I think I will call it a day. Hopefully I will have some more upbeat news for you next time. But in the meantime, if you would like to do me a favour, please follow the link to my website and take the time to have a look around.  Eileen Thornton  A few more visitors would be good.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers!


Chink! Chink!

No comments:

Post a Comment