Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 5 March 2015

The Feelings of Things!

I suppose you all realise by now that I am a little zany in how I think and act!
Therefore you won't be surprised to learn that a little of this shows up in two of my stories in my anthology - A Surprise for Christine 

You see, I have this thing in my head that all things on this earth have feelings. For instance, peas in a pod, beans in a can. even a bus trying its best to overcome the daily chore of doing the same route day in and day out! Wouldn't you get sick of that? Don't you ever get sick of doing the same job at the same time every day? Therefore why shouldn't the bus? Or anything else for that matter? Nothing in this world likes to be left out and unloved. Even your own arms or legs. Do you treat them both exactly the same? Or do you give one a good wash, while the other merely gets a quick rub? Do you stop to think that one is going to be jealous of the other? It might be, you never know.

To learn more about the feelings of buses and peas, as I see them, you need to read my two short stories in the above mentioned anthology, "The Last Pea on the Plate" & "The Number 57 Bus". Perhaps you will come around to my way of thinking - or not! It might simply confirm your opinion that I am even more crazy than you first thought!

Whatever you decide, I have certainly given you something to think about. And look at it this way, I did set you thinking about something your would never otherwise have thought of - so who is crazy now?

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. I had no idea what to buy him. What do you buy for people who have most things they want or need. In the end I bought him a new vacuum cleaner.  The old one was driving me mad, it didn't seem to pick up any more and had to press the head on the floor so hard I was having back trouble. The new vacuum is being delivered today, so hopefully my troubles are over! I knew I would think of something to buy for him in the end.

Well, all I will leave you on that positive note

Have a great day, wherever you are.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment