Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 11 November 2013

A Little bit of This & A Little Bit of That...

A little bit of this and that! Okay, where on earth do I start?

What has gone on in my life over the last week that you could possibly be interested to read about? The answer to that is simple - absolutely nothing. Yes I seem to have been flying around all over the place, but at the end of the day, nothing stands out. There is nothing that pushes its head above the cloud and says - yes - here is something you have all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to hear.

But then aren't most people's lives like that? Not everyone can be like James Bond and lead an exciting life flitting around the world to keep the UK safe from... whatever it is he keeps the UK safe from. No, most people simply to plod along from one day to the next and I am afraid I am one such person.

Therefore since my last post, the most exciting thing I have done is go to Newcastle and do some Christmas shopping.  Yes, you read that right - I have done Christmas shopping already!  I made up my mind that I wasn't going to rush around at the last minute this year. No! This year I was going to be prepared. So I have made a start.  However, I have to add that I was absolutely shattered when I got home. But don't misunderstand. Don't think for one minute that I am some weakling, who can't do a bit of shopping without having to sit down every five minutes and gasp for air. Let me tell you I have shopped until I have dropped from Marble Arch to Tottenham Court Road and back again before now. But dashing around the shops in Newcastle and leaving time for a glass of wine at the M&S Deli Bar before having to rush for the bus back to Kelso is something else entirely. Only having three hours to shop in town is enough to leave anyone breathless. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the day and hope to do it all over again this week.


My novel, Only Twelve Days, is out there in the big, wide world of Amazon if anyone is interested in heart-warming romances. However, despite Amazon being such a big wide world I'm sure you will find it with the help of the link from the title above.

Can I just add that Only Twelve Days would make an ideal Christmas present if you are stumped about what to give someone who enjoys reading romance novels.

BLURB.
"It is almost Christmas – one of the most wonderful times of the year. Nearly everyone is eagerly looking forward to spending the festive season with their loved ones.  Children see it as a magical time. A time when wishes come true and longed for gifts miraculously appear under the Christmas tree.

But what about those who are facing Christmas alone? When Christmas means nothing more to them than working from home, rather than the office or the college?

Bill and Sally are two such people. Both are shy and rather lonely; both left behind when the rest of the country was caught up in the changes of the swinging sixties. Will they avoid the holiday season, as they usually do and spend it alone? Or, this year, just for a change, will Christmas catch up with them?"

This morning I met some writing friends at a local hotel for a chat. We tend to talk about all things, rather than just writing, so it was rather interesting to meet up. Looking forward to the next get-together.

That's all for the moment.

Have an exciting day, wherever you are.

Cheers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment