Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 9 July 2012

The End of the Beginning

The end of the beginning! I think I have got that right. 


Last night I finished writing my novel - Divorcees.com. But this not the end, is it? Surely this is only the beginning. Now I have to go back and edit the whole thing, before trying to find a publisher willing to take it on. So, yes,  I have only reached the end of the beginning. 


Of course when I reach the stage of finding a publisher, then I can say I am at the beginning of the end, which really means I still have some way to go. But in the meantime, the end of the beginning will have to do. Best I leave it there before I confuse myself.

Anyway, the story is about four divorced, thirty something women, who decide to set up an online dating agency for divorcees. I have tried to make the tale light and quirky - a total contrast to The Trojan Project. So if any of you out there have any ideas of finding a publisher for this type of book, then please let me know.

The rest of my news is like the weather, dull and wet. The only highlight is that I have bought a netbook, which is how I was able to finish my novel a little earlier that I thought I would. I have been sitting beavering away, while watching repeats on TV.

I suppose that's the one good thing about repeats on TV. When you have seen a programme so many times, you kind of know what's coming. Which means you don't need to have all your wits about you to be able to follow the plot. By the way, if you are wondering why I am watching repeats on TV it's because there is absolutely nothing else to watch.  I am sick of Food Shows. If another cookery show starts up I will go bonkers. The way the chef prepares and cooks meals puts me right off. Does anyone really feel like eating the food when it's cooked? I certainly don't. For a start, I wonder whether it has been cooked long enough. Another show I have never watched is Big Brother - ugh! Or I'm a Celebrity - Get me out of Here. And the list goes on.

Enough about the TV. In fact I think that is enough about everything for the being.

I hope you are all having a great day, wherever you are.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. endings, beginnings...??? I'm so confused! LOL! Only kidding - I know what you mean. Good luck with getting published.

    ReplyDelete