Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 13 May 2012

Weight, Hair and all that Jazz!

I found I had lost another pound in weight when I jumped on the scales this morning. After losing 4 lbs over the last two weeks, I thought I might have stood still this week. But no, thankfully my weight is still on the downward track.

We went out for lunch with the MS group today. This time the venue was the Tankerville Arms in Wooler. (The town where my novel, The Trojan Project is set)  Not only do they serve the most wonderful roast beef, but they cut it in thick slices. You actually know you have some meat on the plate. The whole meal was delicious. We should go there more often.

I saw my hairdresser on Friday, so I was able to have a chat about my hair. It had been doing the most weird things. I simply couldn't do a thing with it, no matter how hard I tried. Coaxing it into some sort of style was out of the question, as it had made up its mind to be awkward and believe me it was! I suppose it gets that from me.  The hairdresser told me that it had grown so much since I was last there, it was little wonder I couldn't manage it.

So you see I was right when I said my hair had decided I was paying too much attention to my weight loss. In a fit of rage, it had grown out of all proportion. Anyway, I had it cut into a nice neat style, so now it is happy - and if my hair is happy, then so am I.

At the lunch today, I wore one of the two new dresses I had bought since I began the diet. So, what with that and my beautiful new hair-do, which behaved itself wonderfully, despite a gale blowing, I felt like a million dollars. Well, perhaps not a million dollars, but certainly a few hundred!

Have a lovely day, whatever you're doing!

Cheers!!


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, lucky you. New figure, new hairstyle. All you need is some new weather rather than winter extended into spring.
    Have to admit I treated myself too. An online purchase of an eye-popping jacket to cheer me up. Wonder if I'll have the nerve to keep it when it arrives. Next time we meet, wear your sunglasses - just in case!

    ReplyDelete