Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day

I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. I guess we are all wondering what is in store for us in 2012. Will this be the year when all our dreams come true. I suppose it depends on what we are dreaming about.

You must all know how much I am looking forward to the republication of my novel, The Trojan Project. If you don't, then I guess you must have been out each time I sent the memo. It has gone around the world a few times now. The CEO of the publisher has had a few personal problems, which is why it was delayed, but hopefully it is on course now. The publisher has set up a new Website and now you can become a member and subscribe to the newsletter when it all starts up again. If anyone is interested in doing that then go to Moongypsy Press.

We haven't ventured out today. I decided I wouldn't join the crush at the sales, though I gather from the news that some shopping malls are packed.. Instead I think I am going to curl up with a book. I must be old fashioned, but I recall in times past, all shops were closed both Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Sales began in January. Best time for them, if you ask me.... but nobody did, so now they start Boxing Day.

I think that is all for the moment, but do keep checking back. If something special happens, you'll hear it here first.

Have a lovely day wherever you are

Cheers!!

6 comments:

  1. I think Boxing Day should be spent at home cosied up with a good book or watching a good film and I quite agree that the sales should wait till January - they didn't ask me either!
    Hope you've had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with you too Eileen. Whatever happened to 'January Sales'? Boxing Day is the day to relax and enjoy, certainly not to trudge out and queue to buy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa & Vee Nice to know that some people agree with me. Today is Bank Holiday Tuesday and I'm not planning on doing much - in my book, it is another day to relish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen, couldn't agree with you more. For those of us that could or can, a lovely walk on Boxing Day and back to another good meal.
    Give a thought to all those poor workers over the hols. and the those who have to work in the shops at sale time. We need to give a thought to the meaning of Christmas. cheers Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems I have set something in motion here. But yes, it is very unfair on shop assistants. They do their bit before Christmas, surely they deserve to enjoy the festive season to the full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great xmas Eileen! Good luck with the new publication of your book.
    Happy New Year to you and yours! And happy blogging in 2012!

    ReplyDelete