Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Monday 5 September 2011

Spending Money!

It has been a week since I last posted on here. Where does the time go? On the other hand, I haven't really done anything or been anywhere worth mentioning, so perhaps that is one of the reasons I have given my blog a miss.

However, on reflection, I went to Newcastle on Wednesday. Now that is something worth mentioning. I can't believe that I didn't tell you earlier.  I love going there. On this occasion, I met up with my sister and cousin and we chattered for over an hour, before going our separate ways. I spent the rest of the day wandering around the shops, spending a few £s here and there.  I took out a mortgage and bought some Jimmy Choo perfume and some rather expensive face cream.  However, as the perfume makes me smell  lovely and cream is working itself into a frenzy to keep the wrinkles from my face, I guess they are both worth the money.  I also bought myself a skirt, some slippers, which don't look anything like slipper, but make my feet look good and two shirts for my husband.  I only wish we lived a little nearer to Newcastle. Though my husband probably thinks we are close enough!

Saturday morning I, and two others were on duty at our social club's coffee morning. This entails helping to make the tea and coffee and clearing away the debris afterwards. There was also a garden produce competition last Saturday. Friends and neighbours took flowers, fruit and vegetables to be judged and then they were all sold off to the highest bidder.  The produce was excellent, a great deal of hard work certainly goes on in our village. I should add here that I did not enter the competition. I'm afraid our garden is not fruitful, nor do I intend it to be. We are not gardeners, though we have had some lovely gardens in the past. But those days are over - well over!

Our friends spent last week in York and thoroughly enjoyed their break. I gather they went everywhere and did everything possible during their stay. They climbed up towers and went down dungeons, therefore, I think they will be sitting with their feet up for the rest of this week!

Tomorrow morning I am going for that torturous thing called breast screening. I wasn't able to attend the date they suggested, so they very kindly gave me another. I say kindly, though it could just as easily be called sadistically.

On that note, I am going to leave you now. I suddenly don't feel so good,

Hope your day is going well,

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you've been busy to me!

    Good luck with the screening - ugh I don't envy you that particular piece of torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa: Yes I suppose spending money could count as being busy :)
    As for the Screening - thank you for your good wishes. I shall think of you when I am standing at the machine. Cheers! Back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete