Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 29 September 2011

A Busy Day

Yesterday I went to Newcastle. Those of you who have read any previous blogs will know that I adore going to Newcastle. Yesterday was no exception. It was brilliant!!  The sun was shining, which made everything seem even more delightful than usual. Also the dreaded journey there and back was enhanced by the late summer sunshine.

I say dreaded journey, though it's not so bad really. However, it takes around an hour and a half to get there and the same coming home, so it does add quite a lot of travelling time to the day.

I met my sister and cousin and we chatted over coffee, then I went off to look around the shops. Naturally I had to spend some money, but not a lot. I'm saving some for the next trip, when I hope to have lost some weight.  But let's not get tangled up with that subject, it is something I don't want to dwell on when it is such a lovely day outside.

Anyway, back to Newcastle. After checking out everything possible, I went for my customary glass of wine in M&S before going back to the car. They have a cafe in their food hall and it is lovely to sit there and watch everyone struggling with their shopping, while I sip a glass of cold white wine. A lady came and sat close to me and we started chatting. She told me she only lived about ten minutes walk away, and she was relaxing before setting off home. We talked about everything and by the time I left, I felt I had known her all my life. It even turned out that she knew of someone I went to school with! That is one of the wonderful things about Newcastle. The people are great!

Today I booked up for lunch on Christmas Day. It has become folklore in this house that we go out for lunch on Christmas Day. None of the hassle of getting the turkey in the oven and wondering whether it has been cooked long enough. No! We go out and let someone else take the strain, even if we have to pay more to do it!

Now I am off to have another crack at ordering some tickets from a website. All I am trying to do is to order two tickets for a play to be held in The Wynd Theatre, Melrose. An easy task, you might think, but not so. Whatever I do, I get a notice saying 'There was an error when we tried to process your request.'  I even tried ringing the number given, but a recorded message told me that I would find it easier to buy the tickets on line Grrrrrr!!!

I am off for a glass of wine to soothe my troubled nerves before steam starts to come out of my ears.

By the way. There is still time to add a LIKE to The Trojan Project page on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Trojan-Project/134733363288214

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment