Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Brief PS

This morning, I went for the dreaded breast screening, as mentioned yesterday. 

It was even more torturous than I remembered it.  It seems a new policy is in place.  Each side has to be x-rayed twice. Yes, twice!  First, you have to contort yourself into a totally unnatural position and hold it, while the very life is being squeezed out of you, then you are asked to relax for a nano second, before being put into another awkward position. Then, just when you think the world has gone absolutely mad and you can see stars twinkling in your eyes, you have to do it all over again.  I felt as sick as a parrot when I left. :(

Might I recommend that a glass of wine should be offered once you have undergone this treatment. It's the very least they could do.

I only hope the results are good and I don't have to go back and have the whole thing done all over again!

Cheers!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I DO hate mammograms! Why on earth haven't they developed curved, breast-shaped x-ray plates? Fingers crossed for a good result, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my fingers are crossed, too. As for the curved shaped plates, they wouldn't be able to squeeze so hard, which they say is very necessary. However, hydra, I am still smiling - well I am now it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get the results soon, Eileen and that you don't have to have it all done again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaven forbid, Teresa. They said it would take about three weeks. However, I'm going to think positive thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete