Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunny Days

We went to The Barn at Beal for lunch today. The views from the restaurant across towards Holy Island are stunning and, as the sun was shining, it beautiful. There were quite a few people there. They must have all had the same idea as us.

Yesterday was lovely and sunny, too. They were holding a cream tea event in our local social club, but we didn't go to that. Being diabetic, there wouldn't have been much there he could eat. Okay, I could have gone and eaten for the two of us, but I decided to give it a miss. Instead, I did a few exercises on the Wii and it thanked me by telling me I had the fitness age of thirty. How about that!!  Those who know my real age will know how pleased I was, while those that don't know me will just have to keep guessing!

I have been sent a book to review and I haven't even started it yet, so I must get down to that today.  I have been putting the finishing touches to a short story, so I might get that posted off to a magazine tomorrow.  I even changed the title of the story during the editing. I wonder whether that will help.

On Tuesday, someone is coming from BT to check out what we get on Freeview. It seems we can have a new box and pick up even more channels. That is the plan anyway. Whether it comes off or not, is anyone's guess. Anyway, what I am getting around to saying, is that I will have to have a tidy up before the engineer comes - especially if he has to come into the room I have as an office. That is where the broadband router is or whatever it is they call it. I am not clued up on all these gadgets. I simply turn them on and hope that everything will spring into action. If it doesn't, then I call my husband to check it out. Anyway, getting back to the engineer, I hope he is wearing blinkers, as my office space is always in a mess. But that is how I like it and I have a magnet on my notice board saying so.

Well I had better get a start on that book - I hope they don't want the review in a hurry.

Have a sunny day wherever you are!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment