Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Saturday 9 July 2011

The New Television Saga Continues

We have still got our old bulky television sitting on the floor by the dining table.

My husband telephoned yesterday and spoke to some one in India, (at least it sounded as though she was speaking from India).  He explained all over again that we were waiting for someone to collect the old TV.  However, he was told that they didn't do this.  Trying to stay calm, he told her that only the day before, someone had delclared that it would be collected.  He also mentioned that website, where the TV was ordered, stated that they did their bit for the environment, by collecting the old equipment. It is stated in three places on the site: one of them being in the terms and conditions.  I gather there was a lot of huffing and puffing, before the woman went off to talk to her colleague.  When she returned the reply was the same, the website was wrong.  How my husband kept his cool, I don't know. 

Not wanting this to rest, my husband then got back onto the website and after clicking on various links, he found another phone number.  Taking a deep breath, he dialed the number.  This time he believes he was speaking to someone in the UK.  The person looked at our order and told us our old TV was due to be collected on 10th July when they delivered the stand.

So now we are waiting to see what happens tomorrow, when the stand is delivered. Believe me, we will be home. Our feet won't cross the threshold tomorrow for fear of missing the delivery and, hopefully, the collection.  In a way, I think I will be sad to see it go.  I have become a little attached to it sitting there on the floor by the table.  But it certainly can't stay there.  We need the space. I am also considerating getting rid of our hostess trolley - I'm not sure they make them anymore - I have had it for around twenty years, but I haven't used it for some time.

Stay tuned for an update on the old TV.

Have a peaceful day

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck - I hope they take it away tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, otherwise I think I will be putting a bowl of milk or water down for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete