Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 22 July 2011

My Ka

This morning I had to take my car to have the tyre looked at. It looked as though I had a slow puncture. The garage wasn't very busy, so three men came across to check it out. My car was hoisted into the air and jacked up and the wheel was removed. Everyone tramped out into the yard and watched as my wheel was lowered into a large dish of water. There were a few mumbles between the men, before it was decided that the little knob where the air goes in was faulty. (I can't think of the name of it at the moment)

Anyway, we all trundled back into the garage and this little knob was changed. Then again we all went outside to the dish of water. At first it seemed like there was another leak in the rim, but then the water stopped bubbling so we all gathered that the little hole or whatever had sealed itself. Phew!! For a moment I thought I was going to have to buy a new wheel!!

My wheel was re-attached to my car and driven off the lift thing! And the sum total for this was..........£2
Yes! Only £2 I thought it would have been more than that for the little knob thing, never mind the labour of three men.  Well done those three men.

Now it's back to my novel.

I hope all your wheels are intact!!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment