Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Elderflower Champagne!!

On Friday afternoon, a friend called to give me a sample of the Elderflower Champagne she had made. I thanked her and put it in the fridge. On Saturday evening, my husband and I decided to try some while watching TV.  I have to say it was really GORGEOUS!! We both really enjoyed it. In fact, it was so good I had a refill.  The consequences? ----------- This morning I slept until 9.15am without flinching and my husband's blood sugar levels rose by 6 points.  It's really good stuff, so we are going to have another crack at it this evening!!

This afternoon was so lovely, we whiled away a few hours sitting on our lovely swing. It is such a shame that we haven't been able to use it much. The weather here has been far from warm. Very wet, actually. Anyway, today we made full use of the swing after we did a little clearing out in the garage. Yesterday I decided - no that's wrong! I declared that we would make a start in sorting out the garage. You have no idea what the inside of our garage looks like. 

I included myself in this venture and believe me, when I say I will help sort the garage, you must realise that things are desperate.  For one thing, I am terrified of spiders, and secondly, -- I am terrified of spiders and from that you will realise that I don't like spiders and that I am aware that spiders of all sizes run wild in there. They appear from nowhere. I sometimes think they lie in wait of me popping in. Then they leap out and start running around all over the place. When this happens, I let out a yell, and the whole street knows that I have seen a spider somewhere!!

Phew!! All this talk of spiders has made me feel queasy. Now is the time to have a drink of my friend's Elderflower Champagne!!

Have a nice, spider free day.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment