Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Ups and Downs

Must get down to some serious writing today.  I seem to have dabbled at it since I came back from our few days away.  It seems to take me a while to get back into the routine.  One moment I am full of ideas, but when I come to write them down I seem to have lost momentum.

Yesterday I went back on the Wii for the first time since our break. The bad news is that I have put on 2lb while I was away. The good news is that I my Wii fit age is 33, so the 2lb weight gain didn't seem to matter too much. (It does really, but what the heck can I do about it?)  I'm not sure how they work out this Wii fit age, but while it is working in my favour, I won't knock it. I will have another go this afternoon and see how I do then.  I also watched a couple of episodes of The West Wing. (You will recall that I am absolutely hooked on that series and watch it over and over again.)

Today, my husband went to the surgery for a blood test or at least that's what he thought he was going for. It turned out it was for a Blood Pressure test. The one good thing was that he was supposed to there at all, as he had to set his alarm clock early to get there on time :-)

I sent my romantic novel off to another publisher today. It was the first novel I ever wrote and is still unpublished.  Anyway, I have received an acknowledgement of receipt so fingers are crossed yet again. People must think that I am arthritic, as I always seem to have my fingers crossed about something. But what else can I do? Once I have sent off a manuscript, it is in the lap of the Gods - so to speak.  If it would help to get it accepted, I would swing from lamp post to lamp post in our village singing the National Anthem.  (Watch this space)

Hope you have a swinging day,

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the submission, Eileen. And keep on keeping on with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. I will certainly try to keep on keeping on! But it does get frustrating at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen
    You've been awarded the Stylish blogger award! Can you stop by my site to collect it sometime?
    Thanks
    Pat

    ReplyDelete