Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Red Hot June!

Okay, yesterday was absolutely freezing and I said so on here.  However, today is the complete opposite.  It is warm and sunny, just as a June day should be.  It is the sort of June day I remember when I was a kid.  Hopefully it will last more than one day, but you never know in this country.  Therefore I think we should all make the most of it.  So what the heck am I doing sitting here writing this when I could be out there wallowing in the sun?

Went to the hairdresser today for a cut and blow dry, so I am looking very smart around the head at the moment.  Later my husband and I called for coffee at out local garden centre, before doing a little shopping.  The town was packed.  The lovely sunshine must have brought out all the people.

The town has a new one way system, which is designed to keep the traffic moving.  Usually it works very well, but today is recycling day for the shops, so the traffic was held up while the guy collecting the cardboard etc, loaded his lorry or whatever it is they call it.  The line of cars stretched back up the road and snaked around the corner.  There is the same problem if one of the shops is having a delivery - still, I suppose you can't win them all.

Perhaps I might get the chance to sit out on our garden swing.  The weather turned bad shortly after we bought it, so I'm afraid it hasn't been used very much. We should take the opportunity today in case the sunshine doesn't last.

Perhaps I should mention that I am getting better on the Wii.  Perseverance does the trick.

Hope you have sunshine wherever you are.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment