Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Shopping!

Today we went to Newcastle.  I love going shopping in Newcastle, the shops there are great and there is a superb feeling about the whole place.  The people there are wonderful, too.  Of course I would say that, as I was born and brought up on Tyneside.  Nevertheless, I'm not kidding you, it is a really lovely city.  However, we now live some seventy miles away, so we do tend to have to be geared up for it.  Anyway, we went there today.

I have had a bad foot recently and this morning it didn't have the same enthusiasm as me for a shopping trip.  But, I wasn't going to let that put me off.  I have to tell you that I dragged it around all the shops.  Fenwicks, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Debenhams, W.H.Smith, as well as a few smaller shops in between and I had a wonderful day. I bought some rather expensive face cream and shampoo.  A bit extravagant, perhaps, but my face is the only thing I have left worth looking at, so I am going to do my best for it.  I even treat myself to a glass of wine in M&S before coming home. (I wasn't driving)

By coincidence, I met a couple of folks in M&S, who don't live too far from me.  We don't see each other that often, so it was strange that we should bump into each other so far from home.

Here's to the next trip!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment