Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Friday 15 April 2011

Quiet!

Things have been very quiet for the last couple of days - too quiet.  Is that a good sign or is it the lull before the storm? 

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to our friends house the other evening, as my husband wasn't feeling too well.  Nevertheless, I'm sure they all had a great evening.  I had a drink or three at home, as a sort of consolation prize.

Today Tesco are delivering my groceries.  Nothing very exciting about that, but I think it is going to be the highlight of my day, so I'll make the most of it.  I have already had two texts from Tesco informing me of the impending delivery, so that has got to count for something.  I have got to say, they do like to keep you up to date about what is going on, pity they weren't informing me that I had won something of infinite value, instead of extra points on my loyalty card.

Yesterday a friend called in to see how my husband was, as we hadn't gone to the gathering on Wednesday evening.  In the course of the conversation, we briefly mentioned our weight problems and how we would both like to lose a stone or two.  I suggested we got together and discussed it over a glass of Gin and a cream bun.  She heartily agreed that was the thing to do.  We might meet up next week!

My niece has just sent a text saying she would like to bring her boyfriend up to meet my husband and I one weekend.  I will have to have a tidy up before that happens.

Not sure whether the sun is coming out or not.  It doesn't seem to have decided yet.  Perhaps, like me, it is having a quiet day. Or, again like me, it could be waiting in until Tescos have been!

Whatever you are doing today, enjoy the moment!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're husband is soon feeling better!
    And many thanks for the review.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete