Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Oh Dear!

Today is not turning out to be a good day!!    Current Mood - Frustrated

Firstly, it seems that the publisher isn't interested in my romantic novel after all. Despite rubbing my orange four-leaf clover like a maniac possessed, they have still given it the thumbs down.  Back to the drawing board on that one I think.  Life is so full of set backs, I sometimes wonder why I bother to get out of bed in the mornings.

Secondly, the mechanic came to look at my car today.  He took it for a drive around the block and confirmed that it was making terrible noises.  I bought it new in 2002, so, yes, it is getting on a bit, but I find it so handy for popping to the shops. Anyway, he took it away to check it out at the garage.  No doubt I will be hearing from him very soon.  However, if it is too costly to repair, I think I will have to call it a day.  I hope not, as I can't afford another one.  It would be a case of getting to grips with my husband's car, but as that is an automatic, I'm less than keen.  Therefore I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

You have got to be having a better day!

Cheers!

Postscript:  The mechanic has brought my car back. He has fixed it!  So something good has saved an otherwise bad day.  Hopefully I can go down to the shops without everyone on the street thinking that an invasion is imminent.  Well done that man. 
Now if I can just sort out another publisher.....
  

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you are having a bad day :-( but it can only get better, I say with my fingers crossed, my eyes, my legs, my.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car is better. The man saw the the problem and dealt with it without it charging an arm and a leg. Good for him. I will keep his number handy. So apart from the publishing thing, I am okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good, now all is right with the world x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never rains but it pours... But eventually the rain will stop and the sun WILL come out. Chin up Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Gingin. So good that you are keeping an eye on what is happening in my life. Your comments keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My chin is so high I can't see over my nose. But I'm keeping an eye out for the sun.

    ReplyDelete