Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Another Hospital

Today we went to the hospital, as my husband had an appointment.  These appointments seem to be coming in thick and fast at the moment.  It was a lovely sunny morning, so it was a nice drive to Melrose.  We set off early, as parking at the hospital is horrendous.  Usually, we have to drive round and round the car-park looking for a space and then dash to it before someone else gets there first.  However, today we were lucky, as there was a space waiting for us.

As we were so early, we sat around in the main reception area for a while and I bought a card for my brother-in-law's birthday this week.  I'm not sure what he is going to make of it, as there is a picture resembling James Bond on the front.  Once the appointment was over, we shuttled off home only to find I had left my cardigan in the waiting room.  I have phoned and asked them to keep it until I pass the hospital again - I couldn't be bothered to go all the way back, look for somewhere to park all over again.

I must add here that the seats in the reception area of the Borders Hospital are much more comfortable than those at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.  They seem to have taken into account that people going to hospital for one thing, don't want to end up with poorly hips and sit-upons!

That, it seems, is going to be my day in a nutshell.

Hope your day works out better.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment