Murder on Tyneside

Read Freely has dedicated a page to Murder on Tyneside.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Catastrophe!

The unthinkable happened this morning.  The wind suddenly turned stronger and blew our lovely new swing across the drive!  I couldn't believe it.  We had a cover over the whole thing, so we think the wind got underneath and whipped the frame on its side before moving it from its place behind the house.
We had a swing for many years when we lived in Surrey and nothing like this ever happened.  The cover, the frame - everything stayed firmly in place.  Anyway, it is back in position at the moment and we have taken off the cover and the canopy, so hopefully it will stay in place now.

I really don't know what else to say at the moment, as this episode seems to have taken the wind out of my sails - so to speak!!! :-)

Might be back later!!

Cheers

Okay, I am back and I am feeling fine.  The skeleton of the swing is still in place, despite the strong gusts of wind we have experienced this afternoon. Another reason I might be okay, is because a friend called and we mulled the whole thing over, while having a couple of strong G&Ts.  I am convinced that talking things over with friends while having a G&T or a glass of wine, works wonders.  Now I need to sort out our tea or dinner, as some people call it.  That might not be so easy. But we shall see.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment